Alkaline Electric Mock Clam Chowder
What You Will Need
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
- 7 cups Spring water
- 2 cups Garbanzo bean flour
- 1 1/2 cup Oyster mushrooms, chopped*
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Aquafaba or ‘Vegetable Broth’
- 1 cup Hemp/nut milk
- 1 cup White onions, minced
- 1/2 cup Kale, minced
- 1/2 cup Butternut Squash, minced
- 1 tbsp. Grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp. Sea salt
- 2 tsp. Dill
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Crushed red pepper or 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- Alkaline Crackers (optional)
*Oyster mushrooms best resemble clams, however you can use any other mushroom if you don’t have them.
- Combine 6 cups of water, aquafaba, 1 tsp. of each seasoning, garbanzo beans, and minced vegetables into a large pot on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and cover with lid.
- In a separate pan, whisk 1 cup of water, grapeseed oil, milk, and remaining seasonings together while slowly sifting in garbanzo bean flour.
- Continue adding flour until it is all used, the end result should be very thick.
- Add flour mixture to pot of vegetables and whisk deliberately until well blended and lumps are gone.
- Mix in oyster mushrooms and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with alkaline crackers and enjoy your alkaline mock clam chowder!