Alkaline Electric Mushroom Stew
What You Will Need
This recipe makes about 4-6 servings.
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups aquafaba (chickpea brine)*
- 2 cups spring water
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup butternut squash , chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. savory
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder**
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper**
- Slow Cooker (optional)
*Use 4 cups of spring water instead if you do not have any aquafaba.
**This stew can be spicy, so you can omit one of these spices if you don't want it spicy.
- Add all ingredients and seasonings to slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high heat for about 3 hours, stirring every hour.
- If you want to cook on a stovetop, bring contents to a boil then simmer on low for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!