This recipe yields about 6-8 strips from each mushroom cap.
- 2-6 Portobello Mushrooms*
- 1 1/2 cup. Aquafaba/Spring Water
- 1 1/2 cup. Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Sage
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- Grape Seed Oil
*Oyster or white mushrooms can also be used in this recipe. Adjust flour and aquafaba to match the amount of mushrooms being used if necessary.
- Slice mushroom caps about 1/2 inch apart and place into a large container. The mushroom stems can be chopped off to make nuggets.
- Add half of each seasoning, aquafaba, and a little bit of oil to the container and allow to marinade about 1 hour.
- Blend together flour and the remaining seasonings in a large bowl, then batter mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly coat baking sheet with oil then place mushrooms on sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and allow to cook for another 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Mushroom “Chicken Tenders”!
- On a medium-high heat, add about 3 tbsp. of oil to skillet.
- Cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crispy. (Be careful of popping oil due to high heat or water from the mushrooms)
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Mushroom “Chicken Tenders”!
Dipping Sauce Suggestions!