This recipe makes 50 – 80 fries depending on how you cut them.
- 4 cups Spring Water
- 2 cups Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 cup Green Peppers, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Onions, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- Grapeseed Oil
- Hand Blender* (optional)
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Wheel/Crinkle Cutter/Pizza Cutter
*The hand blender is used to make the mixture smoother and help break down the vegetables.
- On a medium heat, add water to a large pot and whisk in flour.
- Add seasonings and vegetables to pot and whisk for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Place parchment paper onto baking sheet and lightly brush with oil, then scoop in the batter.
- Smooth out batter in the sheet with a spatula, then cover with another lightly oiled piece of parchment paper and smooth out fry batter with hands or press another cookie sheet down on it.
- Store in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove paper and begin to cut out fry shapes desired. They are now ready to be cooked or can be stored in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly coat baking sheet with grapeseed oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip fries over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Alkaline Ketchup and enjoy your Alkaline Chickpea Fries!
- On a medium high heat, add about 2 tbsp. of oil to your skillet.
- Cook fries for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with Alkaline Ketchup and enjoy your Alkaline Electric Chickpea Fries!