Alkaline Electric Vegan “Clam” Chowder Soup
What You Will Need
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
- 7 cups Spring water
- 2 cups Garbanzo bean flour
- 1 1/2 cup Oyster mushrooms, chopped*
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Aquafaba or ‘Vegetable Broth’
- 1 cup Hemp/nut milk
- 1 cup White onions, minced
- 1/2 cup Kale, minced
- 1/2 cup Butternut Squash, minced
- 1 tbsp. Grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp. Sea salt
- 2 tsp. Dill
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 2 tsp. Crushed red pepper or 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- Alkaline Crackers (optional)
*Oyster mushrooms best resemble clams, however you can use any other mushroom if you don’t have them.
Combine 6 cups of water, aquafaba, 1 tsp. of each seasoning, garbanzo beans, and minced vegetables into a large pot on medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and cover with lid.
In a separate pan, whisk 1 cup of water, grapeseed oil, milk, and remaining seasonings together while slowly sifting in garbanzo bean flour.
- Continue adding flour until it is all used, the end result should be very thick.
Add flour mixture to pot of vegetables and whisk deliberately until well blended and lumps are gone.
Mix in oyster mushrooms and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with alkaline crackers and enjoy your alkaline mock clam chowder!