This recipe will yield about 1 1/2 cups of Date Sugar.
- 8 oz. Dates
- Blender/Food Processor
- Baking Sheet
You can use dates with the seeds in them or either pitted dates. If the dates you are using are large, it might require more baking time.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut the dates in half and remove the seeds. (This step will be sticky!)
- Place the dates on the cooking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, the dates will appear slightly burnt when done but as long as you don’t overcook them you will be fine.
- Once the dates are done baking, let them cool completely.
- After the dates have cooled, they should be hard like candy. (If the dates are not hard, bake them for about 3-5 more minutes).
- Grind them up in the blender for 10 seconds.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Date Sugar!