Alkaline Electric Tomato Sauce
What You Will Need
This recipe yields about 6 cups of tomato sauce.
- 20 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Oregano
- 2 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Cayenne
- 2 tbsp. Agave
- 2 tbsp. Grapeseed Oil*
- 2 tbsp. Basil
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Half of a Green Pepper (chopped)
- Half of a Red Onion (chopped)
- Half of a White Onion (chopped)
Note: Thyme & Olive Oil* removed.
- To remove the skin, make small x-shaped cuts on the ends of the plum tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Shock the tomatoes in ice-cold water for 30 seconds so the skin can be easily peeled.
- Blend the tomatoes, seasonings, olive oil, and agave in your food processor or blender for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a pot, add 2 bay leaves, and simmer it on low heat for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.*
- Lightly saute the peppers and onions with some grapeseed oil for 5 minutes, then add them to sauce.
- Make sure to REMOVE the bay leaves from the sauce before serving, the leaves are sharp and can damage your insides if they are ingested.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Tomato Sauce!
*Halfway through the cooking time, add squash, mushrooms, or any other vegetable you want to the sauce. This step is optional, as if you are planning on using the sauce for pizza it is unneeded. The sauce was served with spelt spaghetti in the picture, but you can use any Dr. Sebi approved pasta you like.