Alkaline Electric Savory Walnut Meat
What You Will Need
Yields 2 cups cooked
- 8 ounces walnuts, soaked
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup orange bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, add to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- spring water
- Food processor
- Soak 8 ounces of walnuts in spring water for several hours or overnight and discard used water.
- Place soaked walnuts into food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
- Add grapeseed oil to pan over medium to high heat and sauté peppers and onion, along with seasonings for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add in 1 – 2 tablespoons of spring water as needed while sautéing to maintain moisture of walnut meat.
- Serve with tacos, pasta or nachos!