This recipe makes about 2-4 servings.
- 3 Green Bananas
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Plum Tomato, diced
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- Grape Seed Oil
For this recipe, make sure the skin on the bananas are still green, and that the bananas themselves are firm. Green bananas taste like potatoes when cooked, but as they ripen it will start to taste like a yellow banana.
- Chop each end off the banana, cut in half, then slice each one lengthwise.
- Wedge your finger in-between the skin and run your finger through to skin the banana. Remove any skin left behind.
- Slice bananas thinly and place into a large bowl.
- Toss with oil until lightly coated, then mix in seasonings until well blended. Allow mixture to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow about 2 tbsp. oil to heat in a large skillet on medium heat and pour in homefries.
- Spread evenly around the pan, then sprinkle in onions, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes before flipping, then cook and stir for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Alkaline Ketchup and enjoy your Alkaline Electric Homefries Hashbrowns!