This recipe yields about 50 crackers, depending on the size.
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup Rye Flour
- 2 tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp. Sesame Seed
- 3/4 cup Spring Water
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Agave
- Pinch of Rosemary*
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Shape Cutter or Pizza Cutter
*Rosemary is no longer on Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide, you can substitute it for another herb if you wish.
- Start by only using a 3/4 cup of spelt flour and add the other 1/3 cup of spelt flour after you’ve mixed the other ingredients together.
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until you can form it into a ball. (adding more flour if necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare an area to roll out the dough and cover it with parchment paper.
- Pour a little grape seed oil onto your parchment paper, then take the dough ball and roll it out with the rolling-pin. Add more flour to the dough if it is sticking to the rolling-pin.
- Once rolled out, use your shape cutter to cut out circles in the dough. If you do not have a shape cutter, place the dough the baking sheet and use a pizza cutter. Remove the dough surrounding the circles and make it into a ball to start the process over.
- Once on the baking sheet, poke holes in the dough with a skewer or fork to help them cook evenly on both sides.
- Brush the crackers lightly with grapeseed oil and sprinkle them with salt. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Spelt / Rye Crackers!