This recipe yields about 8 tortillas, each being around 6-7 inches.
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Spring Water
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza Cutter or Knife
- Food Processor
If you do not have a food processor, you can use a blender or mix by hand. However for best results, I suggest a food processor as the tortillas stay together much better.
- Blend together spelt flour and sea salt for about 10 seconds.
- Slowly add oil while mixing until well blended.
- Slowly add water while blending until a ball is formed.
- Add flour to parchment paper and knead the dough for 1 minute.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal parts and roll out the dough very thin.
- On a medium-low heat, cook the tortillas for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side in a skillet.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Spelt Tortillas!
- Beginning from step 5, lightly coat a baking sheet with grapeseed oil.
- Place the rolled out dough on the baking sheet and lightly brush with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Use the pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 6-8 triangles. (You can also try cutting them into strips or squares!)
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes at 350°F, check on them every 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Spelt Tortilla Chips!