This recipe makes 2 servings.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup Hemp Milk
- 1 cup spring water
- 1/4 cup agave
- 3 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. Sea Moss gel (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- A waffle maker
- 1-2 bunches of oyster mushrooms
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 cup waffle batter
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne powder
- Add 1/2 cup of water and all other waffle ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well blended. Add more water if too thick.
- Lightly brush waffle maker with some grape seed oil and follow the waffle maker’s cooking instructions, or cook for 3-5 minutes. (Make sure to set aside a 3/4 cup of batter.)
- Remove mushrooms from base and clean.
- Add garbanzo bean flour and half of each seasoning to a container with a lid, then gently toss mushrooms in the mixture.
- Add the remaining seasonings to the waffle batter, thin with some water, and coat mushrooms.
- Add 2-3 tbsp. of oil to your skillet on a medium-high heat and cook mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through, OR Lightly coat baking sheet with oil and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Top off your Alkaline “Chicken” & Waffles with some agave and crushed red pepper and enjoy!