This recipe yields 6-8 servings.
- 10 diced Roma (Plum) Tomatoes
- 3 cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
- Prepared Alkaline Sausage Links
- 1 diced Tomatillo
- 1/2 cup diced Onions
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Spring Water
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cayenne*
- 1 tsp. Sweet Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Annatto
- 2 tsp. Grapeseed Oil
*If you want to avoid the chili being too spicy, add 1/2 tsp. of cayenne.
- Add the grapeseed oil to a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Sauté the diced tomatillo, bell peppers, and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, spring water, and seasonings to the pot and stir.
- Let the chili simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
- Slice the alkaline sausage links and add them 5 minutes before the chili is done.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Chili!