Alkaline Elecric Vegetable Broth
What Will You Need
This recipe yields 4-6 cups of broth.
- 4 cups Spring Water
- 4 cups Aquafaba* (chickpea water)
- 1 cup Green & Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 cup Red & White Onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, chopped
- 1 cup Kale, chopped (stalks included)
- 2 Plum tomatoes,
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dill
- 1 tsp. Sage
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Savory
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Powder**
- Grapeseed Oil
*If you do not have aquafaba, you can just use 4 more cups of spring water instead.
** Omit or use 1/4 tsp. instead if you do not want it spicy.
- Add about 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil to a stockpot and saute mushrooms, onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Mix in water, aquafaba, seasonings, and all other ingredients into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- After letting the broth cool, strain out the vegetables and enjoy, or you can save the broth in glass jars for storage.*
*If you decide to store in the freezer, do not fill the jars completely. The broth will expand when frozen and break the jar otherwise. You can save and add the strained vegetables to your next native stew as well.