This recipe yields about 12 servings.
- 2-4 cups of Kamut Pasta/Approved Pasta
- 1 lb. Garbanzo Beans (cooked)*
- 1 cup Quinoa (Optional)
- 4 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Zucchini Squash, chopped
- 1 Yellow Squash, chopped
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of chopped Green Peppers
- 1 cup of chopped Red Peppers
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Gallon Spring Water (adjust as needed)
- 1 tsp. Dill
- 1-2 tsp. of Red Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp. of Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 2 tbsp. Sea Salt
*Soak the garbanzo beans overnight and cook them before adding the beans to the Native Stew.
- Pour the spring water into a large pot and turn the heat onto medium.
- Chop up all of your vegetables.
- Add all of your ingredients and seasonings to the pot and bring to a simmer for about 1 hour.
- Check back every 15 minutes to stir.
- Enjoy your Native Stew!
The best part is if you have leftover stew, you can freeze it for another time!