Alkaline Electric Zucchini Bacon
What You Will Need
- 2-3 Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Date Sugar
- 1/4 cup Spring Water
- 2 tbsp. Agave
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger Powder
- Potato Peeler/Mandalin
- Parchment Paper
- Grapeseed Oil
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and cook on low heat until dissolved.
- Chop ends off zucchini and use a potato peeler to make strips.
- In a large bowl toss zucchini with saucepan ingredients, then allow it to marinade for 30-60 minutes. More water is not needed, as it will come from the zucchini.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and lightly coat with grapeseed oil.
- Fill baking sheet with the marinated strips, then bake for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Flip zucchini strips over and cook for another 3-4 minutes, then allow it to cool.
- If you want some of the strips crispier, bake for a few more minutes or cook in a lightly oil-coated skillet for 30 seconds.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Zucchini Bacon!