This recipe makes about 2 servings.
- 1 cup Wild Rice*
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth**
- 2 cups Spring Water
- 1/2 cup Alkaline Scrambled Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butternut Squash, diced
- 1/4 cup White Onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Red & Green Peppers, diced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Seeds (Optional)
*Rice will be firm, soak overnight for softer results. You can try using kamut or spelt if you do not have wild rice.
**Use 4 cups of water for this recipe if you do not have any broth made up.
- Add rice, broth, and water to pot, cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir every 10 minutes for 1 hour or until water has evaporated, then remove from heat.
- On medium heat, add about 1-2 tbsp. of grapeseed oil to a large skillet or wok and cook vegetables and seasonings for 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, eggs, and sesame seeds into skillet and cook together for about 5 minutes, add more oil if necessary.
- Enjoy your alkaline fried rice! It goes great with gravy as well!