This recipe yields 12 alkaline peach tarts.
- 1 lb of frozen Peaches
- 2 cups of Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/4 cups of Spring Water
- 1/2 cup of Agave
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice*
- 1/2 cup of Date Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- 3-inch Cookie Cutter
*Allspice was removed from the nutritional guide. Clove can be used as an alternative spice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add peaches, date sugar, agave, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, and 1 cup spring water to a pot.
- Mix together and let it simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.*
- Mix flour, oil, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, and 1/4 cup spring water together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Shape the dough into a ball.
- Add grapeseed oil or spelt flour to the dough and being to roll it out on parchment paper about 1/4 inch thin.
- Cut out the crusts with the cookie cutter.
- Roll the rest of the dough into a ball, roll out, and cut until 12 crusts are made.
- Bake crust for 10-12 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp. of spelt flour to the peach filling and simmer for 5 mins to thicken it up.
- Once crust is done, add peach filling and bake for another 10 mins.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Peach Tarts!
*If you are using fresh peaches, let it simmer for 8-10 minutes.