This recipe makes 1 pie.
- 3-4 lbs. baking Apples
- 1/2 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Date Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt / 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp. Allspice*
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Spring Water
- Key limes (optional)
*Allspice was removed from the nutritional guide, you can use clove as an alternative spice.
- Apple Slicer/Corer
- Vegetable Peeler
- Food Processor (optional)
- Pizza Cutter
Granny smith apples and gala apples are what I used for this recipe. If you do not have a food processor to mix the dough, you can always mix the dough by hand.
- Peel and cut apples into thin slices. Preheat oven to 425°F
- Add apples, date sugar, agave, cloves, allspice, and 1/2 tsp. sea salt to a large skillet.
- Mix together ingredients and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes.
- Add spelt flour and 1 tsp. sea salt to food processor and blend for 10 seconds.
- Slowly add grapeseed oil while mixing, then slowly add spring water until formed into a ball.
- Cut dough in half and roll out thin, then place dough into pie pan and remove excess dough.
- Taste apple mixture and add more agave if needed then add to pie pan.
- Roll out other half of dough and cut into 1 inch strips with pizza cutter or knife.
- Lay strips across pie horizontally, then lay them vertically.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Apple Pie!