This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
- 5-6 Plum Tomatoes
- 3 cups Garbanzo Beans, Cooked
- 3 tbsp. Agave
- 1/2 cup Date Syrup or 1/4 cup Date Sugar*
- 1/4 cup White Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. Smoked Sea Salt/Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves
- Slow Cooker (Optional)
*If using date sugar, cook it with the beans instead of blending it with the tomatoes.
- Blend together tomatoes, agave, syrup, and seasonings until smooth.
- Add tomato blend, garbanzo beans, onions, and peppers to a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir occasionally for about 20 minutes as it boils.
- Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer for 1 hour.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Baked Beans!
If using a slow cooker, after step 2, allow it to simmer for about 3 hours stirring occasionally.