Alkaline Electric Vegan Hot Dogs
What You Will Need
Makes 6-10 hot dogs depending on the size you make.
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup Spelt Flour
- 1/2 Cup Aquafaba
- 1/3 cup Green Pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Dill
- 1/2 tsp. Fennel
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Alkaline Electric Ketchup (optional)
- Grapeseed Oil for Sautéing
- Alkaline Electric Buns* (optional)
- Hotdog Mold
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- Taco Rack (optional)
- Sauté vegetables and garbanzo beans with a little grapeseed oil in skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Blend vegetables and all remaining ingredients in food processor until well blended.
- Place mixture into hotdog mold or roll into a hotdog shape with your hands, then wrap in parchment paper.
- Place hotdogs into steamer over boiling water, and steam for about 30-40 minutes.
- Once done steaming, remove hot dogs from parchment paper and/or hotdog mold.
- Brown hotdogs in a skillet lightly coated with grapeseed oil for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Hotdogs!