This recipe makes 1 loaf of bread.
- 2 Cups Rye Flour
- 2 Cups Spelt Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Dr.Sebi Bromide Plus Powder or 2 tbsp. Sea Moss*
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Hemp Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Agave
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- Mixer with a dough hook
- Loaf Pan
- Sifter or Wire Strainer
You can also use 4 cups of spelt flour if you do not like the taste of rye, or vice versa.
*If you choose to use the sea moss as a gel then it might make the batter stickier.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Sift flour into a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour dry ingredients into a mixer bowl and start mixer on low-speed. If you do not have a mixer, you will have to use a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk while mixing; stopping it every few minutes to scrape the flour off the side and bottom.
- Add the agave while the mixer is off, and then mix for about 5 minutes.
- With the mixer going, “grease and flour” your loaf pan by lightly coating it with grapeseed oil and spelt flour.
- Scoop the dough into the loaf pan and even it out. Add more flour to the top if your cooking utensil sticks.
- Lightly brush grapeseed oil over the top of the bread and sprinkle on sesame seeds to your liking.
- Place the bread in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- Let it set for 20 min or until cool.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Spelt / Rye Bread!