This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
- 6 cups Spring Water
- 3 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Chayote Squash, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Garbanzo Bean /Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1 cup Aquafaba or Vegetable Broth*
- 1 cup Hemp Milk
- 1-2 tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Blender or Whisk
* Water can be used instead if you have neither.
- Remove skin from chayote squash, then cut into cubes.
- Add grapeseed oil to large pot and saute mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Pour 4 cups spring water, chayote, milk, aquafaba, and seasonings to pot and stir. Cover with lid at medium heat.
- Add garbanzo bean flour and remaining 2 cups of water to blender and mix for 20 seconds or until there are no lumps. You can also whisk the 2 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add mixture to pot and cook for 30 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy your Alkaline Electric Chayote Mushroom Soup! You can also serve with Alkaline Electric Spelt & Rye Crackers.