- 1 1/4 cups Spelt Flour
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2 Butternut Squashes
- 1/4 cup Date Sugar
- 1/4 cup Hemp Milk
- 1 tsp. Allspice*
- 1/4 cup Agave
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Spring Water
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
*Allspice was removed from the nutritional guide. You can use clove as an alternative.
For the Pie Filling:
- Chop the ends off the butternut squash and remove the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the squash in half at the neck, then cut the body of the squash in half.
- Use a spoon to remove the seeds from the body.
- Chop the butternut squash into 1 inch chunks and place them into a pot.
- Add spring water until it covers the squash and boil it for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Pour out the water and mash the squash
- Add the hemp milk, agave, allspice, date sugar, and 1/8 tsp. sea salt, then mix together well.
For the Pie Crust:
- Add 1 1/4 cup spelt flour and 1/2 tsp. sea salt to a large bowl.
- Add grapeseed oil and spring water to bowl and mix well.
- Add more water as needed while kneeding the dough into a ball and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Pour spelt flour onto parchment paper to use as your rolling surface.
- Roll out the dough, adding flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Place the rolled out dough into a pie tin and bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F
- After 10 minutes, take out the pie crust, add the filling, and bake it for about 40 minutes.
- Take your pie out the oven and let it set for about 30 mins.
- Enjoy your Butternut Squash Pie!